Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mini Album From Garbage!



I made this mini album for my Niece from garbage! The album holder is a Jiffy muffin mix box, they are the perfect size, and the pages were cut from cardboard. I had a Heidi Grace kit that I was wanting to get rid of so I used most of it on this project. The pictures I used were from this summer when she spent a week with me, these pics weren't worthy of a layout, but perfect for a mini album for her. I did this for the altered challenge at Scrap City.

I'm sorry that I've been such a bad blogger lately. My laptop is not working so I'm chained to the desk instead of blog hopping on the coach!

Here's a yummy recipe to using Jiffy Cornmeal Mix so you can get some empty boxes and this stuff in really cheap. This is a great side dish for the holidays and it's so easy.

Corn Casserole
1 can of creamed corn

1 can of whole kernel corn
8 oz. sour cream
1 box of Jiffy Corn Meal Mix
1 tbs. sugar
3/4 stick of melted butter
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients together pour in casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, until it's a little brown on top.



7 comments:

MamaSheg said...

Super cute Lisa...what a clever idea!! XOOXO

MaryNSC said...

WOW EEE!! I love LOVE LOVE RECYCLED stuff!!!
U IS SO SMART... And the recipie is Great TOO.LOLOLOL
Thank UUUU show more pics of it.. BEAUTIFUL!!!
I bet she loves it!!

Dawn said...

What a 'cool' garbage album! And one can never have enough recipes! :-)

twinkle teaches said...

Glad you are back! I don't have a laptop but I want one!

Hartz Crew said...

That is too awesome! I love using everyday, run of the mill items to make things. Too cool!

Lucy Filet said...

I've missed you!

That is a super cute gift idea. And is that a chipboard Target letter?

Chris said...

Wow!! totally fab idea... I just love your little mini book girl...way to go!!
hugs
Chris xx