Sunday, April 6, 2008

Zippered Page

This photo was taken a few days before my Mom passed away. I have wanted to scrap this picture for some time, but I didn't want the journaling to be visible and I had a lot to say. I put a zipper in the page and covered the back with card stock. I wrote a long letter, tucked it inside and zipped it up.

I cut a slot in the paper 8 inches wide x about 1/4 in high, I used that super sticky red back double sided tape on the zipper and stuck it in the slot. I then covered up any exposed sticky with rick rack.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool idea, I love the zipper. Super cute!!! Hey girl, just checking out your blog and waving hi!!!
*lesh*

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea Lisa! Great way to hide journaling! How did you put the zipper on?
Very inventive!
KellyB (Fiskateer3476)

LisaW said...

Awesome idea with the zipper! What a great way to capture your feelings, yet make them private. What a loving tribute.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Very nice tribute, and the zipper is a great touch. Great idea to hide away journaling that might be very personal.

Lucy Filet said...

Fantastic idea with the zipper! Such a nice LO too, did your mom sew?

Colleen said...

Love the zipper idea. I need to play around with some hidden journaling. Great way to remember the event, but yet not have everyone see the emotions.

Colors of Me said...

wonderful idea with the zipper - great way to hide the journaling and that paper is the perfect pattern for it!

RobinDiane said...

Gosh girl..you have been on a roll. The layout is super cool. Love the zipper idea. That picture is awesome of the 3 of you. Great memories!

Trish said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I look forward to returning :) Love the zipper layout!

Anonymous said...

Totally fabulous idea Lisa and a stunning layout!! Love your journal too you are one clever lady :D

So Many Scraps said...

so clever! love the layout! great job