Sunday, July 20, 2008

Carol's Challenge


Carol's member challenge at Scrap City was to do a silhouette. Her instructions are on the blog. But I did it a bit different, I had Logen stand in front of the door with the blinds closed and took a pic with no flash, then in my photo program I outlined his silhouette and darkened it, then I printed the pic onto regular paper, attached it with repositionable adhesive to black cardstock and cut it out.

I used Prima Paintables paper for the background paper. I colored the red with a marker and the goldish color I painted with Twinkling H2O for a shimmery effect. I used a Unity rubber stamp and white embossing powder for the name plate. I painted a coat of black acrylic paint over the silhouette and then a coat of clear crackle paint. I know all this doesn't show in the photo, this looks a lot different in real life!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Nice job it sounds like you put a lot of time and thought into this one - great job

Colleen said...

Wow, I love this look. Will have to try it sometime.

Judy said...

Such a great layout. The silhouette is fabulous.

Lucy Filet said...

Wow! That silhouette is great! I always wanted to do one, so now I'll take your advice.

RobinDiane said...

WOW..that turned out awesome!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

You did a great job with this! I love it!!