Friday, February 29, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 7:15 PM
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
I made the flowers for this layout from scraps. I cut circles then cut snips around each circle, then spritzed with water and curled the "petals" (I used a knitting needle on the larger circle). I added buttons to the center of the flowers. I cut the title using the Fiskars shape cutter and template, then I dotted aroung each letter with my Souffle pen. I inked the edges of the layout with a pale yellow ink.
Posted by Lisa at 9:42 PM
After sitting in the Fort Lauderdale Airport for 7 hours we finally got on a flight at 9pm and we didn't home until almost midnight last night (I should have been home around 6pm). I was so tired today, but I just had to scrap something. I was having withdrawals, now I know for sure that I am addicted to scrapping!
Posted by Lisa at 9:33 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
I am stuck at the Fort Lauderdale airport and my 4pm flight is delayed, its now 5:30 and who knows when my flight will get out of here. There is a massive power outage in South Florida and it's causing major problems for everyone. Hope to home be later tonight.
Posted by Lisa at 4:32 PM
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 8:05 AM
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
I was tagged by Robin, this was fun and a great way to get know your fellow bloggers!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:00 am
2. How do you like your steak? Rare, my husband is the King of the Grill, so I rarely eat steak out because he knows exactly how to cook mine!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Nanny Diaries (the book was better than the movie)
4. What is your favorite TV show? October Road, Lost, Friday Night Lights
5. What did you have for breakfast? a Diet Coke
6. What is your middle name? Leigh
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Seafood, Pasta
8. What foods do you dislike? Celery
9. What is your favorite chips? Lay's Plain
10. Favorite dressing? Ranch
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? 03 Honda Pilot
12. What are your favorite clothes? Jeans & T shirt
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation? Austrailia
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? That depends on my mood most of the time its half full
15. Where would you want to retire? My hometown, Camden Tennessee, in a house on the Lake
16.. Favorite time of day? Late night
17. What is your favorite sport to watch? Football
18. Pepsi or Coke? Diet Coke
19. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night owl
20. Do you have any pets? My mutt Casey the sweetest dog ever, she was a stray, we've had her for 16 years and she wasn't a puppy when we got her so we really don't know how old she is, Homer (stray cat rescued from the baseball park) hence the name Homer (not for Homer Simpson), the princess cat Omega (named after my daughter's soroity Chi Omega) she is almost a year old and spoiled rotten
21. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I'm leaving in the morning for Fort Lauderdale Florida and hoping it will be nice and worm
22. What did you want to be when you were little? a Mommy
23. What is your best childhood memory? Why is it you remember getting in trouble? At the time that wasn't good, but now those memories are fun to talk about
24. Beer or Margarita? Beer with a Margarita chaser!
25. Always wear your seat belt? Yes
26. Been in a car accident? lots, never serious and usually my fault!
27. Favorite day of the week? Friday
28. Favorite restaurants? Abuelo's, Longhorn
29. Favorite flower? Roses
30. Favorite ice cream? Blue Bell Vanillia with Hershey's syrup
31. Favorite fast food restaurants? Sonic
32. How many times did you fail your driver's test? written part-once when I was 15
33. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? a scrapbook store
34. Bedtime? usually around midnight
35. Last person you went out to dinner with? My husband's family to US Pizza in Arkansas
36. What are you listening to right now? John Mellenchamp-Ain't Even Done With the Night
37. What is your favorite color? Blue
38. How many tattoos do you have? none
39. Coffee Drinker? when I'm cold ot with dessert
If your reading this you are tagged, leave a comment so I can check out your answers.
Posted by Lisa at 8:37 AM
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
This week's assignment was to use scraps as the background to a layout. I am putting a small dent in my scraps, so far so good. I used the color blocking techniqe on this layout, cutting 51/2 inch squares then sewing them to the red cardstock.
Posted by Lisa at 5:39 PM
Sunday, February 17, 2008
This layout was made using foil tape from Home Depot and Prong Fasteners from the clearance bin at Office Depot. I used Heidi Swapp's masks for the title and flourishes.
The foil tape is really a great find! I cut a strip 12 inches long, then used my stylus to emboss flourishes and peeled the backing off to adhere to the page.
The fastener helped create the "mini book" that I attached to the page, inside are additional photos and a journaling page. I cut a slit in the page protector so you can flip through the book.
Posted by Lisa at 4:56 PM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
My two page layout for the class "Using Your Scraps." I used scraps for the strip and circles under the photos and I tore scrap cardstock into "balloons." This class is really helping me use up some of my scrap stash, I haven't used a full sheet of paper this week except for the background paper.
Posted by Lisa at 4:40 PM
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 12:35 PM
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
After a way too long drive we finally made it home this afternoon. We left Florida this morning and the temp was in the 70s, we get home and it is freezing here in Tennessee! yuck I did get to read a book while I was gone, James Patterson's lastest Women's Murder Club book, 7th Heaven. It was predictable but I still enjoyed the book.
I'm ready to get back to scrapping tomorrow. I'm taking a class at My Creative Classroom that is suppose to help me organize and use my scraps, we'll have to seen how that goes!
Posted by Lisa at 7:25 PM
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Saturday, February 9, 2008
I am unexpectedly on the road for a few days and won't be scrapping! I am at a Holiday Inn (fortunately they have internet access) in Meridian Mississippi, I think all towns here look the same.
I was thumbing through some magazines on the way here, no I wasn't driving, and saw a useful tip. Store clear stamps in an old CD case, remove the liner notes then just stick the stamp to the inside. I think I will have to try that. That's all I've got for you today. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Posted by Lisa at 8:04 PM
Friday, February 8, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 7:48 PM
- Trace CD on the back of patterned paper then cut out
- Glue paper to the front and back of CD, the Scotch Glue with 2-way applicator works great, it was really smooth and the sponge applicator made for an even application. Archiver's has all the Scotch adhesive buy one get one free this month.
- I then sanded the edges of the CD to remove any overlap of the paper.
- Add photos and embellishments.
- I added cardstock cut just a bit smaller than the CD and wrote a story book.
- Punch holes in the CD and cardstock with a CropADile or Bind it All.
- It can be bound with ribbon or binder rings, I used the Zutter Bind it All binding.
Posted by Lisa at 10:19 AM
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Posted by Lisa at 5:20 PM
Posted by Lisa at 5:01 PM
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
I randomly picked (my husband did) three winners who posted comments on my Double Vision contest and they are:
- Barb - Fiskateer 2975
- Doverdi - Fiskateer 1329
- Robindiane - Fiskateer 2953
I will need your mailing addresses so I can send out your scrappy surprises! Please email me at email@example.com
Posted by Lisa at 6:18 PM
Posted by Lisa at 6:00 PM
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
I was a winner in Simple Scrapbooks "Put it in a Letter Contest" hosted by Elizabeth Dillow. I won a copy of her book The Scrapbooker's Almanac. Yeah! Thanks for the inspiration Bea.
Jan. 24 by scrappycatz“What a clever page! I love the then-and-now approach to both letters and photos. These are the connections that make scrapbooking so worthwhile!” —Elizabeth Dillow
Posted by Lisa at 7:10 PM
Monday, February 4, 2008
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Both of these layouts were done in under 30 minutes, on this one I used Heidi Swapp's mask letters, they are so cool and easy to use. I used brown acrylic paint over the letters then removed the mask, they are reusable too.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
I am the sort of person who has a real problem coloring outside the lines, so this was a challenge! But once I got started it fun. I may have to color outside the lines more often! Deborah over at www.fiskateers.com started this doodling challenge and to push myself I signed up, THANKS Deborah!
Posted by Lisa at 10:15 PM
Friday, February 1, 2008
It wasn't my intention to have this contest when I did these layouts, but when I finished I thought about those puzzle pictures you find the differences and I thought this would be fun. Ya'll are finding differences that I didn't even know were there! I will put everyone's name who posts an answer in a random drawing and draw three names to win a goody bag.
Posted by Lisa at 9:40 PM
Spot the seven differences in the layouts above and I you will be entered in a drawing to be held on Wednesday 2/6/08 at 5pm central time. I'm sure you can find many subtle differences, but I only need seven. Click on the photo for a closer look. The winner will get a scrappy surprise package!
Tip of the day when you have double prints of your photos go ahead and make two layouts and give the extra to your friends or family. They will love it!
Posted by Lisa at 4:42 PM